Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lush Haul and Impressions

About a week ago my mom and I went shopping and hit the mall in Annapolis which is about an hour north of where I live. We ended up in Lush. I have heard of Lush and I've even dropped in before to have a look around but I've never bought anything before. Well this very nice sales girl helped me take a look around and even recommended a few products, because my face had been breaking out and I was searching for some relief. She recommended that I get Herbalism, Tea Tree Water, Enzymion, and Grease Lightning. I walked out with Herbalism and the Tea Tree Water and had to leave the other suggestions behind purely because my wallet did not allow me to try them all at the same time. Now I have never used a cleanser like Herbalism before. I've used cleansers and I've used scrubs, but never a product that's like a combo of the two. In the week or so that I've owned this I have found the easiest way to use it is to wet my face first then scoop a little bit (a little goes a long way this product) and rub it on my face like a scrub. I feel like I look like a green faced monster, but if it helps I'm ok with that! I do need to use makeup remover before this because this was certainly not created to remove makeup. Herbalism does have a smell to it and as the name suggests its and herb like smell but it's not over powering or repulsive.
Now as for the Tea Tree Water toner I wasn't as scared as this product as Herbalism. I mean it's a toner, what's to be afraid of? I really like that you can spray it onto your face instead of using a cotton ball to apply it. The reason I like that so much is because I always worry about contaminating my facial care products when I do that. I mean if it's purpose is to kill my acne and I'm putting the acne bacteria into the product that's supposed to kill it that kind of defeats the purpose, ya know? This product does have a smell to it but I don't find it to be strong or gross.

Now as for the way these two products handle my acne I can't give you a 100% clear picture of how they do that because it takes 3 months for you to see if a skin product is really helping. That's how long it takes for the new layer of skin to surface. However, I am seeing that the acne I do have or that pops up doesn't last nearly as long as it usually does. I mean I've had a couple big pimples who decided to make my forehead their new home and when I get big ones like those they're usually there for a week before they show any signs of moving on. Since I started using Herbalism and Tea Tree Water I've noticed that the pimples will start to SERIOUSLY diminish in about 2 days. 2 DAYS! Talk about a major improvement. I am going to continue to use these for 3 months to see if they really do make a difference in my skin and I will check in and let you know how that goes. Be Fearless. Be Beautiful. Be You.

No comments:

Post a Comment