Thursday, September 25, 2014

CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation Review

For a long long long long long long long... well you get the point, long time I swore by my Revlon Color Stay foundation, but something changed. I don't know if it was their formulation or my skin, but either way something changed. I noticed that the Color Stay was starting to settle into my pores and with oily skin the size of my pores is pretty considerable. So as you can imagine the settling of foundation into my considerable sized pores was unacceptable. Right around that time CoverGirl released their Ready, Set, Gorgeous (I will have you know I want to type Glamorous instead of Gorgeous every time!) line. Now I haven't tried the concealer or the powder because I am currently pretty pleased with both of them but obviously I was in the search for a new foundation. So I decided what the heck and bought this. Now this foundation claims to be oil free, I think it's more like 90% oil free. I defiitnitely get some oil with this foundation, especially if I don't use it with a primer like NYX Shiner Killer and use it with Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I find it really breaks down around my nose but no more than any other foundation. As for the color match with my skin I think this is spot on. The coverage is also pretty great. I would say this is a medium to full coverage foundation if you build it up to be. So since I love full coverage foundations I definitely like the coverage this one provides. This does settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but less so than other brands. I would give this 3.5 stars out of 5 over all because of the oiliness and the breakdown but for a drug store foundation I'm very pleased and it it my everyday foundation. I just learned to use my NYX Shine Killer with it and I have zero problems :)

No comments:

Post a Comment