Thursday, June 13, 2013

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation Review Redo

Now I know I reviewed this a few months ago raving about how awesome this foundation is, unfortunately I have to retract that statement. I recently started working again and started using this as my daily foundation and I started to notice while at work that this foundation started to disintegrate in my under eye area. Directly under my eye, where my dark circles are, I noticed that it was breaking down my Coastal Scents Bright Eyed concealer, something that had never happened before. It was also making my mascara run. Something I haven't had a problem with since I started using CoverGirl mascara in the waterproof formula (the Clump Crusher is my current love). I also noticed that I was really seeping into my pores. Naturally, I thought I just need to switch out my primer. I tried my Hard Candy primer, my Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer, and even bought the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro primer to see if that would make a difference. It didn't matter. My concealer was still being broken down and this foundation was still moving into my pores in the most unattractive way. So then I thought maybe it was my evil oily skin playing tricks on me and messing up the wear of my foundation. So I bought a back of the Clean and Clear Oil Blotting Sheets. I would go to the bathroom every hour or so to check my skin and see if it needing to be cleansed of any oil. The foundation still broke down! Now do not get me wrong, I love CoverGirl and I think they have some great products. This is not a slam on CoverGirl at all, this is a slam on this particular product. Now I think that CoverGirl did do a lot right with this product as for as the packaging goes. I love the pump and the fact that you can turn it to control how much product comes out. I also love the clear glass packaging so you can see how much product you have left. However, the formulation of the foundation and I just weren't meant to be. Be Fearless. Be Beautiful Be You.

No comments:

Post a Comment