Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Personal Skin Care Reutine


I turned 21 in December and with that my skin changed and I had no idea how to handle it. My once oil slick of a face had turned dry in some parts. I had never had combination skin before and it took me a while before I got the hang of how to care for it. I had lived with oily skin for so long combination skin was such a shock. If you don't know what the difference between oily and combination skin is combination skin is oily on your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) while your cheeks tend to be dry. Oily is skin is just what it sounds like. Your entire face is oily. I had oily skin since I was 13 or so. When I turned 21 my cheeks turned dry and it took me some experimenting before I found the right combination of products that kept my face oil-free without drying out my cheeks. I use the same routine both morning and night so it's pretty easy to follow. I use Yes to Cumber Facial Wipes. These wipes are strong enough to get all my makeup off without the use of a second wipe but gentle enough not to sting my skin or cause dry patches. I follow up with CeraVe Hydrating Lotion all over my face including my eye area. I find that this lotion keeps my dry areas hydrated but it doesn't create an oil slick of my oily areas. Then I follow up with Avon's Anew Reversalist Eye Cream. I use this eye cream because it's supposed to help with dark under eye circles which is one of my biggest beauty struggles. I haven't been using it long enough to form an opinion about how it's helping my under eye circles but I can say that it is a thick cream and very hydrating. This would be great for anyone whose looking for an anti-aging eye cream or is trying to start integrating anti-aging products into their routines. I do have acne prone skin and I haven't had any breakouts while using this system. I have gotten the occasional pimple but never more than one at a time. For any pimples I use Clean & Clear Advantage Fast Clearing Spot Treatment. All in all I'm very happy with the results I've gotten thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment