Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pro Makeup: Salon Secrets from the Professionals by Kit Spencer Book Review


I recently ordered a few books off of Amazon.com. All the books dealt with cosmetics, hair, or fashion. I still haven't received all the books that I ordered but I did receive Pro Makeup by Kit Spencer. I have to say I am in love with this book! This book is jammed with information. This book covers the basics of foundation, the different kinds, and how to find the right shade. However, it also covers something I have never seen in a makeup book which is the different eye shapes and how to apply makeup accordingly. The book also covers basic skin care, makeup tools and brushes, and different looks. However, as much as I love this book there are some things that I think could have been improved. As far as the skin care section I wish they would have elaborated more on the different kinds of skin products one should use depending on their skin type. If someone who was completely new to makeup and skin care had picked this up looking for those answers they wouldn't have found them. I also wish they had covered colors that look good on different skin tones and how to pick out those colors. My last complaint would be the pictures in the book. While they are of good quality the model's eye shadow looks could use some work. They aren't blended and don't look faltering. If I was a newbie and looked at this book before buying hoping for some good pictures for how-to I would have put this pack. All in all I think the information is invaluable and can help anyone of any skill level.

No comments:

Post a Comment