Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wet n Wild Color Icon Trio Review

After watching review videos about these trios I finally decided to give this drugstore brand a try. I was hesitant because when I hear Wet n Wild I automatically think cheap and useless. This is probably from my preteen days of using cheap makeup before I knew what I was really doing. Now when I think Wet n Wild I think cheap and underrated! I bought the trios Walking on Eggshells and Sweet as Candy. I bought them because they were more on the neutral side and you can't go wrong with neutral shadows. When I first swatched these the first thing I noticed was the great pigmentation. The payoff I got just from barely rubbing my bare finger over the colors was astounding, especially for a drug store brand. The colors blend beautifully. I haven't tried any of the more outrageous colors yet, but I'm dying to. These also have tremendous staying power. I have worn these with both my E.L.F. Eyelid Primer and my Too Face Shadow Insurance and have no problem with fading or creasing. These would be great gifts for makeup newbies since the colors are already labeled and come with directions on how to apply them. It also helps that they are very inexpensive. I say go out and by all of them (that's what I'm slowly doing!).

I got these at Walgreens for $2.99 but I have also seen them at grocery stores and CVS.

No comments:

Post a Comment