Friday, June 8, 2012

Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Fee Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer Review

After trying the Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Cleanser I was curious about the rest of the brand. So I decided I would try this moisturizer. Since it is summer and I have naturally oily skin fighting oily looking skin is my current number one priority. I try to be good about using a daily moisturizer, especially before I apply any makeup. I find that it makes my skin easier to work with and products, like foundation, go on smoother and blend easier when I have applied moisturizer before hand. However, sometimes I find different moisturizer can break down my primer and foundation and make my face look like and oil slick. So when I spotted a moisturizer that wasn't just oil-free but claimed to be mattifying I thought I would give it a try. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I expected this to be like every other oil-free moisturizer I've ever tried (and too be fair I haven't tried that many) and just be another waste of money. I could tell a difference before I even put my foundation on. When I get ready I apply my moisturizer then start doing my eye makeup. I do this for two reasons. The first reason is so that any fall out I have while working my eyes doesn't ruin my face makeup. The second is to allow my skin plenty of time to take in the moisturizer so it can do it's job. After I had finished my eyes I could already see a huge difference the oily-ness of my skin. It was much more matte than on it's own and my skin felt like butter. I could hardly tell the difference between my bare skin and the skin that I had applied my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer to. That primer always makes my face so smooth and soft, so did this moisturizer. I noticed my skin stayed matte longer than usual and didn't break down my makeup. For me this is a golden part of my collection and a holy grail item. I couldn't be happier that I decided to try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment