Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Coastal Scents and E.L.F. Haul!

Coastal Scents Order 
So this week I received two packages from different comapanies, Coastal Scents and E.L.F. I have never ordered anything from Coastal Scents so I wasn't sure what to expect, however I have ordered from E.L.F. more times than I care to admit. From Coastal Scents I ordered three new makeup brushes and their Bright Eyed Concealer in Ivory for $9.95. The makeup brushes that I ordered were the Classic  Blender Pointed Synthetic Brush (BR-C-S09) for $2.95, the Classic Angle Synthetic Brush (BR-C-S05) for $1.95, and the Classic Blender Crease Synthetic Brush (BR-C-S08) for $.2.49. I haven't used any of the brushes yet but in comparison to the E.L.F. brushes that I own I can feel a difference. Both brands are soft, however Costal Scents brushes are a little stiffer. I did get a chance to try the Bright Eye Concealer and my inital thoughts is that it's a pretty good concealer. I have some serious dark circles so I am constantly on the look for that holy grail concealer. I bought this because on the website it had a peachy undertone to it, and in person it still has that tone. It doesn't get rid of my dark circles completely, but I have some pretty dark circles so I'm happy with what it does cover.

E.L.F. Order
From E.L.F. I also got some new makeup  brushes. I bought the Studio Fan Brush for $3, the Studio Contouring Brush for $3, and the Essentials Blending Eye Brush for $1. My Fan Brush did arrive a little smushed so I had to deep clean it and place in a Brush Guard to dry. E.L.F. has a new line of Baked Eyeshadows. They are $3 a piece and I  bought the colors Pixie, Burnt Plum, Toasted, and Bark. I haven't used any of these yet so I can't give you an opinion on them.

E.L.F. Little Black Beauty Book: Warm Edition 
I also bought the new E.L.F. Little Black Beauty Book: Warm Edition for $5. I also have the Cool Edition but I bought it about a year ago from Ross and it's called "E.L.F. Little Black Beauty Book Volume II" but the colors are the exact same as the Cool Edition. I haven't used the Warm Edition yet but baised off my experience with the Cool Edition these colors will be like most E.L.F. products, hit or miss. Some colors are great and wonderfully pigmented while others leaving you wanting. All in all though I think this will be a good buy, especially for $5. I hope you have enjoyed this haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment