Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Brush Guard Review

After watching this video on Youtube I decided I need to buy some brush guards. I am a bit of a nut about having clean brushes and finding the best way to dry them and cleaning them. Especially since I have acne prone skin. If you don't know what brush guards are and what they do they are mesh slips that go over your brushes to shape your brushes after you deep clean them. The brush guards come in different sizes to fit your brushes. What I like best about them is you can stand you brushes upside down in a cup to dry because the brush guard helps hold them up and keep the bristles from getting mashed up. I ordered mine from thebrushguard.com. I ordered 4 different sets and it cost me $22 dollars including shipping. I bought the Eyeshadow and Liner set, Blush set, Powder set, and Foundation set. As soon as I got them in the mail I couldn't wait to get home and wash my brushes. So that's exactly what I did. I spot clean my eyeshadow brushes threw out the week and then once a week I deep clean them all. So I took all my eyeshadow brushes and and two face brushes and washed them with baby shampoo (that's just what I prefer to use), dried the excess water out of my brushes using a washcloth, then slid the brush guards over my brushes and set them up side down in a glass to dry. A few hours later I took my brushes out of the cup and slid the brush guards off. My brushes were all dry and beautifully shaped. They all looked as if I had bought them brand new. This is one of the best purchases I've made regarding my makeup and brush collection. Everyone who uses brushes needs the brush guard!

No comments:

Post a Comment