Saturday, May 5, 2012

My DRUGSTORE Makeup Essentials

If there is one thing I have learned since I started doing makeup it's that no one wants to spend a lot of money on it. Everyone is looking for that stunning can't-live-without-it product that doesn't cost a fortune. Especially for young girls who are just starting out in makeup who want to try things out but most likely don't have a whole lot of money to spend. I have gone back into my makeup collection and picked out my drug store must-haves and  basic products everyone should have. First I'll start with the primers because without them the rest of your makeup is pointless. My go-to drugstore primers are Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer ($8) and E.L.F. Eyelid Primer($1). I love both these primers. I think they both do everything I need a primer to do. Now I will admit that the foundation I use is expensive for a drugstore brand, it is the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation ($13). I love the coverage of this foundation, it's a medium to full coverage. The powder I use is the L'Oreal True Match Powder($6). I like this powder because it adds some more coverage and as someone who loves a full coverage look that is essential. Now I have dark under eye circles so a concealer is a must-have. I love Revlon's Photo Ready Concealer ($7). This is such a creamy stick concealer. Just be sure to set this with a powder. Then last but not least my eye products. The only mascara I will use is thee Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion($9) in the waterproof formula. For my eyebrows I use the Maybelline Expert Wear Eyebrow Pencils($4). Then for eyeshadows I am stuck between to brands but I love them and use them both equally. First are the Wet n Wild trios($3). I love them. They are so pigmented and easy to find. I would die without them. Then I have my Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trios($4). I also like the quads and singles. I think all of the colors are beautiful and I like that you don't have to search around in your collection for shadows that will work together cause they're all right there in front of you. I hope this post was helpful to all  you newcomers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment