Thursday, April 12, 2012

Marshall's and Kohl's Haul!


Yesterday I went shopping with my friend Kristy on a shoe hunt. I had no luck in the shoe department and we went everywhere! We went to Kohl's, JC Penny, Marshall's, and Famous Footwear and I still walked out with no shoes while she walked out with two pairs. However I did buy a few things that I'm happy about. The first things I got were at Marshall's. I got a Cortex Platinum Black Series hair straightener in black and white zebra print. I have been wanting a new hair straightener for a while but I couldn't justify it because my Revlon one still works just fine. However, when I saw one in zebra print that just didn't matter anymore. Zebra print happens to be a serious weakness of mine. The price was hard to argue with as well. For $29.99 I was sold. I used it last night to straighten my hair before I went out to karaoke and I'm quite pleased with it. I like the thinner design because it really allows me to be able to get to my roots and make sure everything is nice and smooth. My second item from Marshall's was a pair of Betty Johnson Tweezerman tweezers. I wanted to buy a new pair of tweezers because the pair I had been using were starting to go dull and I knew I wanted a pair of Tweezerman tweezers because they will sharpen your tweezers. I was so excited when I saw these because they were $9.99 and Tweezerman tweezers usually rung for $20. So between the price and the girly bad ass pink and white skull design they came home with me. Then when we went to Kohl's I ventured into the cosmetics department after having absolutely no luck in the shoe department and fell in love with two eye shadows. The colors are Moonstone and Limelight by Flirt!. When I was sampling these shadows I noticed how creamy and rich the pigmentation was. For $13.50 a pop they better be creamy and pigmented! After I picked these two up I had to walk away or I was going to walk away with much more than two shadows. I used both of these last night to create a burgundy-ish smokey eye and I think it looked stunning. The colors were easy to blend and made my eyes pop. Definitely worth the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment