Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sally Hansen Salon Effects vs Kiss Nail Dress

I know everyone has their opinions about nail stickers. Some people love them while others loath them. Personally, I think that they can be very handy and useful. Particularly if you are like me and can't do nail art to save your life. This post is about to brands that I have used and the pros and cons of each and which one I like best. First let's start with price. Kiss Nail Dresses will run you about $5 while Sally Hanson Salon Effects go for $10. You're talking a $5 difference, in this economy that is a big deal. Now for application. Sally Hansen has these long strips that are double wrapped, for lack of a better term. They sit on and individual "holder" that has a tab that you rip off and on top of that that there is a plastic protective layer. It probably takes me about 10-15 minuets to put them on depending on how difficult it is to peel them off of their "holder" and protective layer. As for Kiss they come on plastic sheets, you just pick the one that suits your nail best and peel them off the sheet. It still takes me about 10 minuets to put them on. One of the things I noticed right away about the difference between the two brands is that Kiss Nail Dresses have a noticeable plastic smell when you open the package, but it doesn't linger on your nails. Also, Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips are thinner and I think that has a lot to do with my final and last comparison: durability. I have used Sally Hansen Salon Effects several times and even have a few favorite patterns, but they always seems the chip or peel off the nail rather fast. I always thought it had to do with the fact that I was my hands a lot because of my job. However, I didn't have that problem with Kiss Nail Dresses. They stayed on a full week without chipping or peeling. They stayed there until I took them off.  So between price, packaging, and durability I have to say that Kiss Nail Dresses are a better deal. That doesn't mean I'll be abandoning Sally Hansen Salon Effects though, like I said I do have some favorite patterns. Be Fearless. Be Beautiful. Be You.

No comments:

Post a Comment