Friday, October 19, 2012

8 Bad Makeup Habits

Now I know that everyone puts on make up differently because they like different looks or they've found a technique that works better for them. I am in no way trying to discourage that. What I'm talking about is the common sense stuff that every girl should know when applying their makeup but for some reason they are completely oblivious to it.

NUMBER 1: APPLYING CONCEALER BEFORE FOUNDATION. The reason this bothers me is because when you are applying concealer then putting foundation on top of it you are wiping away the concealer. Put your foundation on first then the concealer. You may find that you don't need as much concealer as you thought you did.

NUMBER 2: RUBBING IN CONCEALER INSTEAD OF USING A PATTING MOTION. I know this seems silly but it really makes a difference in your coverage. When you "rub in" in your conceal you are wiping it away. If you pat it in you wont spread the concealer all over your face, instead you will keep it on the blemish and cover it so much better. Don't worry about blending it out, if you pat it enough it will blend.

NUMBER 3: DOING YOUR FACE MAKEUP BEFORE DOING YOUR EYE MAKEUP. This something women who have really dark under eye circles should never do, especially when doing a dark eye look. When you do your eyes you almost always get fall out. So if you've done your face makeup before your eyes you are now ruining your hard work. Do yourself a favor and just do your eyes first. It will save you time, frustration, and concealer.

NUMBER 4: NOT BLENDING YOUR EYESHADOWS. You have to blend your eyeshadows. I don't care if you used two shadows or five, blend them! I have a friend who doesn't blend her outer crease color at all and all I can think the entire time I look at her is "I need a blending brush." Don't follow in her footsteps.

NUMBER 5: APPLYING LIQUID EYELINER TOO FAR AWAY FROM THE LASH LINE. I'm not quite sure how this happens. I mean you use a mirror to apply your makeup right? That means you see that when you're applying your eyeliner that it's too far away from the lash line right? So take it off! Or fix it! Something! Anything! Just don't walk out of the house with enough space between your lash line and your eyeliner that a five year old could color it in. I know that applying eyeliner to the upper lash line is difficult, so I say take some time to practice. However, if you can't master the technique don't feel bad. I've been trying for years and I've just given up. Just because every beauty guru on youtube does it doesn't mean you have to.

NUMBER 6: USING DRITY MAKEUP BRUSHES. This is especially important for foundation brushes. Liquid makeup can harbor bacteria then powder. You have to use a clean brush every time you apply your foundation. I have found that it works best if I have more than one of my favorite foundation brushes. I use a clean one each time I put on my face and when I see that I only have one clean one left (I have 3 total) I wash the ones I have used. Now when it comes to powder brushes you can use a spot cleaning treatment on them on a daily basis and deep clean them once a week. The same goes for your eyeshadow brushes. You have to spot clean your eyeshadow brushes so not only will your shadows keep from being muddied from previously used shadows, but so you lower your risk of an eye infection.

NUMBER 7: BLOWING ON YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES TO REMOVE EXCESS PRODUCT. One word: bacteria. If that isn't sufficient I don't know what will be. Tap any unwanted product off.

Last, but not least NUMBER 8: NOT WASHING OR SANITIZING YOUR HANDS BEFORE DOING YOUR MAKEUP. Bacteria, bacteria, bacteria. Unless you are going to use a brush for every single thing you put on your face you will touch your face and put bacteria on your face. That bacteria could lead to pimples. We all know those aren't cute or easy to cover up. So sanitize your hands first. I hope this list will help you ladies from making some simple, yet important, makeup mistakes. Be Fearless. Be Beautiful. Be You.

No comments:

Post a Comment