Thursday, March 22, 2012

What Every Girl Should Have in Her Closet


I have recently been looking at a lot of the clothes coming out for spring and snagging the deals on the fall and winter items that are now on clearance and it got me thinking about the basic items that every girl needs in her closet. Mind you this is just my opinion and I fully respect that every one's style is different. Ultimately wear what makes you feel good.

I'll start with something that 99% of girls wear no matter what their style: jeans. You can not put a value on a good pair of jeans. Everybody has different body shapes and because of that your perfect jean may be different that your best friends but that's ok cause you have your own beautiful body to rock and flaunt. First step to good jeans if figuring out your body shape so you know what style jeans to buy. Once you do that you need to figure out your size. Now I am a plus size girl and I understand that not all brands make sizes or styles that work for. I usually fit into a size 24, however depending on the brand of the jean I can go up to a 26 or even a 28. Remember how it FITS is more important than the SIZE. No matter your size or shape jeans that are too small are never flattering. Now once you find your dream jeans you need at least two pairs, one that you can wear with flats, sandals, and tennis shoes. The other pair needs to be longer so you can wear them with heals. As for the wash of your jeans that's really all about personal preference but I think that dark wash jeans look the best and make the most sense to buy. The slim you down and a dark wash jean helps dress up any outfit. Of course price is an important part of buying clothes. Because of my size if I want quality jeans I have to shop at Torrid or Lane Bryant. To give you an idea of how pricey these stores can be Torrid's tops retail for $38.50 on average and Lane Bryant considers $24.99 a sale price for their jeans. I personally don't mind spending that kind of money on quality clothes that I know I'm going to wear time again and again. However, you may feel differently and that is completely fine. Just keep in mind that is something you will wear almost everyday.

Now onto another fashion item that all girls wear regardless of style or size, shoes. I wont tell you that you need a certain style of shoe and by that I mean gladiator or classic but I do have a few recommendations for the kinds of shoes you should have. Every girl needs a good pair of tennis shoes so that when you go shopping your feet aren't killing you. Nothing kills a good shopping day like sore feet. I think a good pair of ballet flats are invaluable. They are comfortable, inexpensive, and can easily dress up any outfit without going over the top. High heals are also a great basic. They change the way you walk and help show off your booty (can't complain about that!). Last but not least a good pair of boots. Boots are great in the fall and winter time. I'm still in the search for the perfect pair of boots so when I find them I will snatch them up no matter the price!

Now onto tops and jackets. This category is harder to do because every body's need are different. Some girls want to show of their cleavage while others are more blessed in that area and want to draw attention away from it. However there are a few basic rules that you can follow to help no matter your needs. One of the best things you can do is figure out what colors look best on you cool or warm colors. To do that put on a white t-shit then a black t-shirt. Which ever one you look best in will tell you what colors you need. If you look better in the white you need cool colors and if you look best in the black you need warm colors. If you don't know what cool and warm colors are cool colors are blues, purples, and greens. If it looks like a color of the water, sky, forest, and sea then it's a cool color. Warm colors are reds, oranges, and yellows. When you think warm colors think sunshine and fire. Remember to pick shirts that FIT not that are your SIZE cause there is a difference. After that I think every girl needs a good structured blazer. They dress up any out fit, they can help hide a large bust, and can help create an hourglass figure and if you have tops that don't have sleeves and your uncomfortable showing your arms the blazer will cover up your arms. I also feel like you need a cropped 3/4 sleeve jacket. These are great for everyday wear and are a little less formal than the blazer. Now when it comes to figuring out the kinds of shirts you need I would recommend getting the book The Science of Sexy. This book will tell you everything you need to know about your shape and how to dress it. This book covers all the do's and don'ts about dressing your shape. It covers the best pant, best skirt, shirts, shoes and everything else in between. I think this book is great for everybody but especially if you're someone who has recently lost a lot of weight and it's used to dressing your new body. I hope this has been helpful and fun to read. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment